•  
  •  

Subscribe to this blog

Subscribe to full feed RSS
What the? RSS?!

Subscribe Via Email

We respect your privacy.

The New Laser Hair Removal Technique

By Guest Author On April 30, 2011 Under Law of Attraction

So many years we’ve wasted shaving, waxing, and plucking. Hairy situations can now be considered obsolete with the advent of laser hair removal. Salons and spas that offer huge discounts may not be the best for you. A dermatologist or plastic surgeon can help you anticipate any negative reactions to laser treatment. Obtain further advice on laser hair removal manly and the subject of laser hair removal.

If you have darker or tanned skin, you should be even more careful. Skin type has everything to do with effectiveness, and negative effects have shown up more often on darker and tanned skin. Theoretically, every inch of the body can be rid of hair by laser therapy. Hair follicles, found under the skin, can only be destroyed during their growth phase, which is the target of laser therapy.

Four to ten sessions, spaced four to six weeks apart, are usually given, depending on hair type and target area, because hair strands grow simultaneously in different phases of the growth cycle. It has been observed that treatments required are fewer when skin is fair and hair is dark and coarse. With 90% of hair follicles in the target area out of the way, your treatments can come to an end. Once every few years, it is necessary to go back for additional treatment to be cured of the remaining 10%

You can expect hairs that do grow back to be thin and virtually invisible. Darker hair responds better, but there is hope for eliminating the light, thin, peach fuzz that many women struggle with on their faces. The American Academy of Dermatology recently proved that laser treatments become effective for facial hair when combined with a prescription cream meant to slow facial hair growth that even decreases the number of sessions necessary. Visit laser hair removal sydney to learn more about laser hair removal.

Laser hair removal is not painless, it actually feels like a rubber band snap. Any pain, however, can be greatly lessened with chilling or a topical anesthetic. However, there is the danger of applying too much anesthetic, which is why it is absolutely necessary to have a dermatologist or plastic surgeon conduct your laser therapy.

From smaller targets to bigger targets, session durations range from minutes to hours. Costs involved are normally $200 per treatment or $1,200 for a series, of course per target area. Doctor’s orders will be given to you allowing or prohibiting certain things before and after therapy.

At thirty days prior to treatment, tanning, including self-tanning, should be ceased. When it comes to tweezing, waxing, and electrolysis, these are also prohibited. Hair in the follicle serves as the target point for the laser. One day before, shaving is authorized, as it does not remove all the hair from the follicle. After the procedure, sun exposure is an even bigger no because your skin will be extra sensitive to the sun’s rays. Anytime you need to step outside, apply sunscreen at least SPF30 beforehand.

Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • bodytext
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google